Catholic Education Kindergartens are committed to providing a quality early childhood program where every child’s physical, emotional, spiritual and social development is met in a safe, caring, challenging and supportive environment.
Our university qualified kindergarten teachers implement a Queensland Approved Kindergarten Program (the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline) developed by the Queensland Curriculum & Assessment Authority.
Our approved charity-based kindergarten centres are committed to:
- Advocating for the rights and best interests of the child
- Viewing children as successful, competent and capable learners
- Promoting equity, inclusion and diversity
- Valuing Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures
- Respecting and supporting the role of parents and families
- Providing best practice through the provision of a university trained teacher and qualified educators
- Communicating regularly with families
- Providing an Approved Kindergarten Program that supports children’s early learning with a focus on early literacy and numeracy, building positive relationships with others, emotional well-being, motor development and wonder about their world and God.
The Catholic kindergarten program also provides an all-encompassing family atmosphere that supports the nurturing of spirituality in the child. This is achieved within a loving Christian environment where gospel values and religious concepts and experiences are shared through every child’s natural relationship with God and their world.
Free Kindy resources
The Queensland Government have launched a free kindy webpage along with a number of resources to assist families to navigate the free kindergarten changes set to commence next year.
We believe children
- Possess a natural curiosity and wonder about their world and their God
- Are all able and competent
- Engage with their world through a diversity of learning styles
- Are unique
- Are part of a wider cultural community
- Bring prior knowledge and past experience to every learning experience to construct meaning
- Have the right to access an education that provides them with the necessary knowledge and skills to participate fully in their world
Entry Year Calculator
Explore our network of Kindergartens within our diocese.
- St Joseph's Catholic Kindergarten Blackall
- St Brigid's Catholic Kindergarten Emerald
- Emmanuel Kindergarten Mount Pleasant Mackay
- St Francis Xavier Catholic Kindergarten Mackay
- St Brendan's Catholic Kindergarten Rural View Mackay
- St Joseph's Kindergarten, North Rockhampton
- St Anthony's Catholic Kindergarten North Rockhampton
- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Catholic Kindergarten Springsure
- St Joseph's Catholic Kindergarten Biloela
- St Joseph's Catholic Kindergarten Bundaberg
- About Us
- Our Schools
- Teaching & Learning
- Parents & Community