Outside Schools Hours Care
Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) services in the Diocese of Rockhampton are committed to providing for every child’s physical, emotional, spiritual and social development in a safe, caring and supportive environment.
At our Outside School Hours Care services we believe children are capable and confident learners. Children are active and engaged in experiences that are meaningful to them. They have the ability to make informed decisions with the support of our qualified educators. In our programs, children make sense of their world through creative interactions and experiences.
Children in school age care settings are challenged to be curious about what is of interest to them while at the same time developing self-identity and social competencies.
(adapted from Stig Lund, Danish National Federation of Early Childhood Teachers and Youth Educators and Nordic Teachers Council)
My Time Our Place is the national Framework that supports our educators to provide children with opportunities to engage and challenge their knowledge about their world in real and meaningful ways.
Qualified educators implement a nationally approved program, where children have access to a wide variety of stimulating, developmentally appropriate activities, to relax and play, and to join in a wide range of cultural, artistic and other recreational activities including indoor and outdoor opportunities.
Our School age care educators encourages a collaborative environment where the needs and interests of individual and groups of children considered and promoted in daily experiences and discussions.
Children in school age care settings have choice and control over their learning as they collaborate with educators to extend their life skills and develop dispositions towards citizenship.
My Time Our Place, Framework for school age care in Australia.
OSHC supports families through enabling parents and carers to participate in the workforce, study and the broader community. OSHC provides families with the knowledge that their children are being cared and nurtured for in a safe, fun and relaxed environment. To help with the cost of child care, all of our OSHC services, through funding support from the Australian Government, are approved to receive your ‘Child Care Subsidy’ on your behalf to reduce your child care fees.
Explore our OSHC network
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Bundaberg
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School South Bundaberg
- St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School West Bundaberg
- St John the Baptist Catholic Primary School Clinton
- Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School Gladstone
- Emmanuel Catholic Primary School Mount Pleasant
- MacKillop Catholic Primary School Andergrove
- St Brendan's Catholic Primary School Northern Beaches Mackay
- St Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School West Mackay
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School North Mackay
- St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School North Rockhampton
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Wandal
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School North Rockhampton
- St Peter’s Catholic Primary School Allenstown
- Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Yeppoon
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Park Avenue
- About Us
- Our Schools
- Teaching & Learning
- Parents & Community