The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, voluntary and confidential counselling service provided by your employer. The program is designed to aid employees and their dependent children (regardless of age) deal with work or personal issues that may affect their work performance and wellbeing.
- The Employee Assistant Program does not cover medical or specialist health services.
- Counsellors cannot write reports including Work Cover or medical claims.
- Your counselling sessions are private and confidential
- Sessions last about one hour and you will be informed about the number of available free sessions.
- Catholic Education will not know that you attended counselling. The only information that is provided to the employer is statistical information every quarter.
Centacare – Diocese of Rockhampton is a family welfare agency offering professional and confidential counselling to all people. Their aim is to encourage and strengthen individuals, couples and families to continue to grow. You can expect your counsellor to be respectful, non-judgmental, genuine and confidential.
- Are tertiary qualified
- Are approved as Family and Child Counsellors under the Family Law Act
- Receive regular professional supervision and training
- Hold Suitability Cards for working with Children
How can counselling help?
Counselling can help with many issues including:
- Work related concerns, organisational change, harassment, conflict, work relationships
- Personal development issues, E.g. self-esteem or assertiveness
- Grief and loss
- Stress management
- Alcohol and drug use
- Change sin families E.g. Separation or divorce
- Any other issues that are causing the family problems
How do I make an appointment?
Appointments can be made by phoning Centacare. You will then be allocated an appointment time. No referral is necessary.
Please tell Centacare that you are an employee of Catholic Education Rockhampton. Appointments are available 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 4.30pm on Friday. After hours appointments are available if needed.
For all appointments and enquiries please call 1300 523 985