The following employment opportunity is available:
Children's Services Worker - Outside School Hours Care (Early Years), St Francis Xavier Catholic Kindergarten
St. Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School, Mackay is a Catholic co-educational school for students from Prep to Year Six. It was established in 1935 by the Sisters of Mercy and is part of the Rockhampton Diocese of Catholic Education. Our aim is to nurture students in a caring environment, encouraging them to strive for their personal best and teaching them values and skills to become life-long learners.
About the role
Casual Assistant required for an immediate start comprising of after school care as well as vacation care.
Duties will include supervision of and interaction with children, planning and programming, assisting the Coordinator with administration tasks, preparation of breakfasts and afternoon teas, and general cleaning.
The successful applicant/s will have relevant experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. A Working with Children Check (WWCC) and eligibility for a Suitability Notice will also be required. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills.
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- Completed a minimum of an AQF Diploma of Children’s Services (Early Childhood Education and Care) or; an approved 2 year qualification (*Approved qualifications can be found at http://dete.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood/service/qualifications.html) or willing to obtain these qualifications
- First Aid Certificate, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Training (ACECQA approved)
- It is a requirement of the position that the successful applicants undertake a National Crime Check (Police Check) or provide details of a Police Check that is not more than six months old.
How to Apply
1. Please review the Position Description before preparing your application
2. Complete the application form using the links below
3. Submit your application and supporting documentation to:
Mrs Tracey Novak
Early Learning and Care Consultant
PO Box 524
Rockhampton QLD 4700
Phone: (07) 4994 8000
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures.
About St Francis Xavier Catholic Kindergarten Mackay
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Download Application Document
In order to download the application form for this position we ask that you to first register your details. A download link will be provided next.