Parents & Community
Parents and Friends
The Parents & Friends Association is an integral part of Catholic schools in the Diocese and provides a formal structure for parents and others interested in the welfare of the students to plan and organise activities for the benefit of the school.
In particular, Parents & Friends Associations participate in Catholic schools by:
- providing a medium of support, information and involvement of parents/carers in their children’s education and the school community
- developing collaboration between parents/carers and school staff
- promoting the principles of Catholic education
- fostering a distinctive Christian environment in the school
- providing a medium for parents/carers to participate at Diocesan, State and National levels.
While other groups may be active within the life of the school, no group, other than the Parents & Friends Association, can represent the interests of the whole parent body at any school.
The Diocesan Parents & Friends Council has responsibility for the Parent & Friends Associations in the Rockhampton regions and operates within a constitution approved by the Bishop.
Parent Education Fund
The Parent Education Program was established by the Director of Catholic Education to provide funding to Parents and Friends Association.
Click on this link to the Parents & Friends Association Website.