Catholic Education Week
The aim of Catholic Education Week is to articulate, celebrate and communicate the distinctive mission of Catholic Education across Queensland.
Catholic Education Week | 21 - 27 July 2013
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Inspired by Jesus
Catholic education strives to make a difference in the lives of individuals and in the wider community by challenging young people to live out the message of Jesus and to reach their full potential as compassionate, contributing, life-giving members of society.
- Is a faith-based education which places the values of Jesus at its centre.
- Is a high quality, holistic education for 1 in 5 young Queenslanders, educating them to be well-informed, highly skilled and constructive members of the community.
- Values diversity and treats each student with dignity enabling them in turn to promote and respect the dignity of all.
- Nurtures in students a commitment to social justice and a critical social consciousness.
- Prepares students for global responsibilities through stewardship of the earth’s resources.
- Is an integral part of the local and universal Church.
- Occurs in welcoming, inclusive, and connected communities.
During Catholic Education Week 2013, Catholic education communities across Queensland are invited to celebrate and share how they are Making a difference...inspired by Jesus in the lives of their students and within their communities.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR NEWSLETTER >>