School Support Team
The Diocesan Director delegates a high level of responsibility for Catholic Schools to four Assistant Directors: Schools, each of whom has the responsibility for Catholic Schools in one of four geographic areas of the Diocese.
The Assistant Director: Schools provides leadership and support to the Principals and Leadership Teams in Catholic Schools in their region. They aim to ensure that effective communication exists between the Rockhampton Catholic Education Office and members of the school community – priests, staff, parents, school Boards and Parents and Friends’ Associations.
The Assistant Director: Schools are allocated responsibility for schools and colleges in one of the four regions:
- Northern Region – Mackay, Sarina and Walkerston
- Western Region – Barcaldine, Blackall, Longreach, Emerald, Clermont and Springsure
- Southern Region – Monto, Biloela, Bundaberg, Gladstone and Tannum Sands
- Rockhampton Region – Gracemere, Rockhampton and Yeppoon
School Support Team provides leadership and support by
- providing, on behalf of the Diocesan Director of Catholic Education, supervision of schools and colleges
- working with Principals and school Leadership Teams to implement a vision of Catholic schooling (P-12)
- collaborating with the Assistant Directors – Administration, Teaching and Learning, Mission and the Coordinator of Faith Education Formation
- co-operating with the pastoral directions established by the Bishop and assisting schools and colleges to work with the deaneries, clergy and the laity responsible for pastoral leadership within the regions.
Major functional areas include:
- Quality Assurance (School Improvement program and Performance Reviews for school Leadership Team members)
- Advice to schools in areas such as staffing, curriculum, religious education, budgeting, capital planning, professional and spiritual development
- Support for School Boards and P & F Associations
- Contributing to Diocesan Education policies and guidelines
The Assistant Directors: Schools are members of the Catholic Education Leadership Team.